Faculty Staff Care Team
Illinois State University is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all faculty and staff. FSCT members work to identify, monitor, and when deemed necessary, recommend appropriate actions when university faculty and staff display threatening and/or dangerous behavior. The FSCT is not an intervention team. The members gather information from multiple sources and meet on an as needed basis due to the limited number of faculty and staff issues.
Have you seen behaviors demonstrated by colleagues that have concerned you about their or others' wellbeing such as:
- Discussing intent to harm self or others
- Creating a disruption in the work environment
- Intimidating or threatening other faculty, staff, and/or students
- Stalking or following someone to harass, intimidate, harm, or cause other malicious activity
- Acting in a frightening or threatening manner
If you observe any of the above behaviors, it is important that you always report them. If in doubt, it is better to report. Instructions for reporting and a Team contact list are available on the Faculty/Staff CARE Team website.